Her birthday was on Sunday, August 30th. We've been telling her she is almost 3 forever it seems and she kept asking us each day when she was going to be 3. So finally on Sunday she turned 3, and now she asks us if she's still 3 and not 2 1/2 anymore. Funny!
She's said a few funny things about her birthday. I told her I was going to make her a Dora cake, so for quite a few days before she demanded, "Where's MY Dora cake?" I kept telling her we had to go to the store to get the stuff and I would make it. But each time we came back from the store, she reminded me that we didn't buy her Dora cake. Then on Saturday (when I told her she'd have her cake made that day), she woke up from her nap and yelled from her bedroom, "Now where's MY Dora cake?" We just laughed!
The other thing that cracked us up was on Saturday Tyson had a slightly different agenda from birthday stuff, thinking he would go elk hunting in the evening and take us with. I told him we really needed to take her to Chuck E. Cheese. She listened in on this conversation, and then piped in boldly, "Daddy, it's MY birthday. It's not your birthday, it's MY birthday." She resolved that issue!
So on Saturday we took her and Collin to Chuck E. Cheese and we all had a really great time. She's been begging for us to take her to the 'Mickey Mouse place' forever and I've been dreading it forever. But it was really pleasant, clean, and fun.
On Sunday she opened her presents, took one look at them, and set them aside for the most part. She really only cared about her Dora balloons and her Dora cakes and the missionaries coming to eat her Dora cake with her that night.
Sunday evening we had a bbq and invited over the missionaries (her favs) and the other dental partners' families. It wasn't really a 'party' but Mackenzie had a great time playing with the other kids, seeing the missionaries, and finally being able to eat her Dora cake that she had been begging to eat.

Oh, the cake...so I decided I needed to quit being such a bum mommy and make her a special Dora cake since she's in love with Dora. So I bought all the stuff and spent Saturday making the cakes (yes 2 cakes - one full-size Dora and one with cupcakes). Then Saturday night I started to decorate the cakes. I finished only one of them at 2:30 a.m.! I can't believe how time-consuming and hard it is...especially running on no sleep and shaking hands. It actually turned out o.k., especially considering Collin climbed up on the counter and stepped right in the middle of the giant Dora that I had covered with some wax paper prior to decorating it. I about died! I seriously don't know how I made it work out.
6 comments:
Your cakes are amazing!! It's so funny how all the kids care about are the cheap things!
WOW! No wonder those cakes took you so long! They look GREAT! And time consuming. Tell Mackenzie Happy late Birthday for us!
Fabulous job! I can't believe she is 3 already. Tell her I said happy birthday.
Wow Steph! I'm so impressed with your cakes! You are super Mom. Someday your kids will appreciate you. Until then, I do.
HOW did you make those? Holy cow. The Big Dora... i'm speechless. Could you offer a tutorial? My kids would die if i could come up with something half that nice. hahah Nice work. Happy B-day Mackenzie!
You are so talented!! I love the cakes - they turned out great! Isn't crazy to think our girls are already 3? Times goes by way too fast. Sounds like Mackenzie had a fun birthday.
Post a Comment