Mackenzie finally lost her first tooth, and is well on her way to her second. Her little tooth story has to be recorded since it was the first and it was quite dramatic!
She lost it April 10, 2012 eating her PB&J for lunch! So we put it in a little baggy and put it under her pillow for the Tooth Fairy that night. Later in the day, she decided she wanted to look at it, wash it off, etc. without me knowing about this. She came running to me, just sobbing that she'd lost her tooth. It had slipped out of her fingers while she was cleaning it up, and went right down the drain. Oh dear! What was I going to do? Yikes! How could she lose her very first tooth?! I tried getting ahold of Tyson to see if he could manage to find a spare before he came home. I know...gross. But I never got a hold of him.
Well Daddy to the rescue anyways. I talked him into taking the drain apart underneath the sink, since Mackenzie just knew that he could find it and we needed to show her we'd give it our best try. It wasn't in the P-trap, but he could see it caught up inside. The drain pipe wasn't really gross, but the sharp edge of her tooth had caught on a little lip where two pipes joined up inside and it was hanging on. Seriously! I couldn't believe it - miracle for sure and it saved us A LOT of tears and heartache to deal with that night!
So the Tooth Fairy of course came, and there was one really happy girl that found a silver dollar under her pillow in the morning.
universe inside of you
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment