Monday, August 16, 2010

Mountain Time

During the last two weeks of July, we made three separate trips over to Utah for a bridal shower, the 24th of July, and a wedding.  We made our midnight trips back home only to work a few days and do laundry so we could get packed up again.  It was exhausting, but fun!!!  We made a trip or two to the Beaver mountains while we were there, even camped two nights (which I had been bracing myself for with my little monsters).  It was all good and here's some highlights of the madness:

A portion of the crew (Tyson's family) at the 24th Parade in Beaver.  It's the biggest event of the year, and its actually not too shabby.

Celebrating the 24th with a great game of 'Big Bubba'.

Dallin was the king of Big Bubba that night.


This is taken from a hike above camp on the Skyline Trail.  Check out my lovely hair! :(

This is how Mackenzie managed most of the hike, thanks to Uncle Tyler!

Or when she was supposed to walk, she ended up just giving up on the trail. :)

And this is how Collin managed most of the hike, thank you Daddy!

The Camping Kids



And we had to make a few trips over to Puffer Lake to do some fishing and goofing around in the raft.

Dallin trying to fish in peace, with Mackenzie right at his side.  Her crush hasn't died, even after not seeing him for a year.

Somehow I have no pictures of us actually camping, but I have to say we actually managed quite well with the kids (we've purposely avoided camping since having kids) and we are really looking forward to some camping trips next year!

1 comment:

triciathomas said...

Wow it is beautiful up there!!! I am not a big camping fan either, but whenever I go I am always glad I did!!! If you made the new blanket for MacKenzie I am impressed it's beautiful!