Saturday, April 24, 2010

Easter..a little late

I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of Easter.  It was a wonderful holiday with a lot of family around, as in 21 of the crazy Black family all came to stay at our house just five days after we moved in.  Tyson and I worked hard to get the boxes unpacked and everything put away (or hid away) so that we could enjoy the long holiday weekend with everyone, and somehow we pulled it off.

I had spent every waking moment unpacking and organizing the house right up until everyone showed up, so it became Tyson's sister, Natalie's job to organize the meals for everyone and the cooking (what a rotten host I am huh?).   She did an awesome job and made some very yummy food for us.  Thank you Natalie for all your talent and hard work!!!

Natalie in the kitchen whipping up some of her yummy fudge sauce!

We had to have an Easter egg hunt, but it was too cold to go out anywhere and too chaotic to get everyone organized to go, so we had it in our backyard.  Thanks once again to Natalie, there were prizes, candy, and money galore in the eggs!  The ladies stuffed the eggs and organized the prizes, then the men hid them all, and then the kids went crazy!  There's nothing like an Easter Egg Hunt with over 300 eggs for 11 grandkids to find. 

Mackenzie getting her basket ready to fill with eggs.

The egg-hunting crew.

Mackenzie got the idea quickly as soon as the door was opened and all the cousins went wild.

Collin on the other hand, was very slow to get the eggs.  He saw them and knew to get them, but didn't see any hurry in the matter.

On the hunt...

Notice no eggs nor basket, just some candy in each hand.  That's my boy!

The loot

Going through the loot


Easter happened to fall on my birthday this year, so I had to have a picture with my sweet family.

4 comments:

triciathomas said...

I think hosting all those people is amazing!!! Are you kidding me? I would totally freak out! Looks like a fun Easter! You look great! I love you kids cute clothes (as always!)

J-Leav said...

Happy Birthday, Stephanie!

Nat Lud said...

You are so awesome! You just never stop, sista. Looks like a great holiday! And happy birthday!

kylee said...

Happy late birthday! I think you're amazing to have that many people come visit when you had only been in your house 5 days. Hats off to you! Looks like you guys had fun!