Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dumpster Diving and Bobbing in the Toilet...

Does anyone else have a child like this?

Collin feels the need to stash random items everywhere. In Cedar, it started that he would just put all my empty canning jars in the garbage. I usually noticed he was doing it and fished them out, although I might have lost a few.

Here in Grand Junction the problem has escalated... A LOT! I couldn't find my glass lids to two pans (nice ones too) for several days. Tyson suggested the garbage since we see Collin trying to play in the garbage all the time. I finally broke down and fished through the outside giant dumpster and found them in the bottom.

I found the Wii remote in the bottom of the dishwasher two days ago. Luckily I hadn't ran it.

Yesterday he threw the letters from the Word Whammer (magnets on the fridge) in the garbage while I was cooking dinner.

Today I found the shampoo bottle in the toilet.

I've asked Tyson how toys come up missing when they don't ever leave the house. It seems impossible, but now I know.

Oh and I should add that while I'm typing this, Collin is trying to dig through the garbage! :)

4 comments:

Jeff and Krishawn said...

That is very funny!!! I have not ever had that happen before or at least I have never noticed things missing.

kylee said...

What a funny kid! Thankfully I don't have a kid that does that. Not yet anyway! :)

Goldthorpe Family! said...

When I was little, I would "clean up" for my mom. You know, peanut butter-covered knives fit well between bedsheets, Dad's wallet fit in well lined up with the books on the book shelf, etc.

It just means he is VERY intelligent. Probably a genius. :o)

Stephanie Black said...

It continues. He threw 2 brand new pair of Mackenzie's shoes in the toilet! Aargh!